Lefay Resort & Spa Lago di Garda in Gargnano, Italy, was named Worldwide Health and Wellness Destination last night (28 February) at the Professional Spa and Wellness Awards. This marks the first year that a Worldwide Health and Wellness Destination award was given at the annual awards.
The awards were given out at a gala dinner in London, following the first day of the Professional Spa and Wellness Convention, taking place from 28-29 February at London’s ExCeL Centre.
Fairmont took home top honours in two categories: Resort Spa of the Year, Middle East for Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, UAE; and Resort Spa of the Year, North and South America, for The Spa at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, San Diego, USA.
Other awards include:
• 36.5° Wellbeing & Thermal Spa at Grand Resort Bad Ragaz, Switzerland for Resort Spa of the Year: Europe and Scandinavia
• The Mandarin Oriental, Paris, Hotel Spa of the Year: Western Europe & Scandinavia
• Amanzoe Spa at the Amanzoe, Kranidi, Greece, Resort Spa of the Year: Eastern Europe
• Old House Resort & Spa, Rostov-on-Don, Russia: Hotel Spa of the Year, Eastern Europe
• The Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, Resort Spa of the Year: Asia and Australasia
• Away Spa at W Retreat & Spa Bali Seminyak, Indonesia, Hotel Spa of the Year: Asia and Australasia
• ESPA at The Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi, UAE, Hotel Spa of the Year: Middle East
• One&Only Spa, One&Only Palmilla, Mexico, Hotel Spa of the Year: North and South America